MARKETING EXECUTIVE (CONTRACT WORK)
Brinc is an IoT Accelerator and Investment fund that supports hardware startups from ideation to commercialization through acceleration, product development and global sales. Some of our amazing portfolio companies include Soundbrenner (a smart metronome wearable), PillDrill (a smart medicine tracking system) and Aumeo (a device that customizes sound to each and every ear).
To learn more visit brinc.io
We are currently hiring a Marketing Executive to support during the preparation period and throughout Brinc’s annual Internet of Life Summit. This is an incredible opportunity to work with a fun, international team and the global startups who we support. You’ll get the opportunity to learn more about the consumer IoT (Internet of Things) market with a rapidly growing global accelerator and platform based in Hong Kong with offices in Shenzhen and Guangzhou.
About the Internet of Life Summit (IoL)
The Internet of Life Summit is an event conceived with the purpose of helping the world envision the future of the Internet of Things. It offers a platform for agenda setting leaders to push the boundaries on what impact emerging technologies will have in our daily lives. Experience the future, get inspired and hear from those who are driving the next generation of technological breakthroughs. This year, we have expanded the scope into not just IoT (Internet of Things) but other emerging technologies such as Virtual Reality and Artificial Intelligence.
The event will be held in Hong Kong at PMQ, a transformed historical compound developed into a unique hub of broad appeal to serve the evolving creative industries. The event is expected to have 1000+ attendees and has successfully positioned itself as the go-to place to learn about the future of IoT and other technologies.
The Marketing Executive will play an active role in the development of Brinc’s online community. He or she will maintain Brinc’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our customer base. He or she will also be responsible for marketing Brinc’s events and program offerings through the internet/social media and measure performance analytics. The Marketing Executive will also assist in maintaining and adding to Brinc’s archive of digital images, videos, and other content. Furthermore, the intern will play a key supporting role in all the behind the scenes work required to plan a successful event.
- Social media content creation
- Speaker and sponsor research and communications
- Startups research and communications
- Marketing and promotional responsibilities for IoL and other events
- Measuring the impact of marketing efforts and crafting social media strategy
- Helping to collect and produce images, videos and other digital content
- Coordinating with event partners and partner staff
- Coordination for speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
- Managing all event/speaker in-bound request
- Acting as a liaison between the organizations and vendors (negotiating pricing and pre-selecting options to present to the organization)
- All other duties approved by supervisor
- Learn how to craft social media/digital marketing strategy
- Understanding of inner workings of a startup accelerator
- Gain deeper insight into the tech ecosystem
- Learn about the event planning and execution process
- Learning how to plan logistical support for special events
- Knowledge of conflict resolution and guest satisfaction
- Catering operating procedures and event execution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, mission-driven organization
- Understanding of special events and hospitality industry
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with running paid social media campaigns a plus
- Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo editing and video editing software, and internet browsers. Experience with Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
- Available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or similar field preferred
- Fluency in English is essential – written and verbal; proficiency in Chinese is a bonus
- Proactivity and self-starter, ability to take ownership of projects
Additional skills that would be preferred but not required:
- Ability to use WordPress
- Previous experience with event management
Start Date: ASAP
We are accepting rolling applications and can tailor the start date and duration of the job around your schedule. While the job is unpaid, a full time and paid role may be extended contingent on performance.
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.